About Me

Monday, November 14, 2016

Fundraiser

For the past 2 weeks, my oldest has had to sell candy bars to raise funds so that the 5th graders can go to Teton Science School. He’s only in 4th, but he has to help out. Luckily, the people at his dad’s work are more than willing to relieve him of his sugary goods.

I had the opportunity to attend TSS when I was in junior high. Back then, we had to be recommended by teachers, so only a select few got to go. If I understand correctly now, all 5th graders get to go—and I think that’s awesome. I had an amazing time there, and I think everyone should get to experience it.

On a side note, when I went, we had the "opportunity" to sleep in snow huts, which I did not enjoy. Our breath made the ceiling drip, and I was scared to death that it was going to collapse on us. I was also right next to the wall, so I froze all night.

Anywho, my oldest sold 2 boxes, and I am incredibly proud of him. As we were selling the second box and I was watching everyone pick and choose what candy they wanted, I couldn’t help but think: “I wish books sold like this.” It would be amazing! How fun would it be to go to your friends and family and be like, “I’ve got a box of books for you to choose from. Two bucks apiece.” Perhaps one day.

I hope everyone is gearing up for the holidays. They are right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment