About Me

Monday, May 30, 2016

Why Yes, We Went to Hawai'i

I don’t consider myself an adventurous person. But at the same time, I want my family to be able to experience new things and see the world. And, if I’m honest, I usually have a lot of fun once I get to our destination.

Last week, we had the opportunity to go to Hawai'i. The boys and I had never been there, but their dad had a while ago. I wasn’t looking forward to the long airplane ride, but once we got there, it was awesome.

It was a short trip, but we crammed as much excitement in as we could. We spent a lot of time at the beach swimming in the ocean. We even got to see sea turtles. One of them popped up right next to my oldest. It was really cool.

We went to see Pearl Harbor, and that was an incredibly emotional trip—especially for us adults. I think the boys might be a little too young to fully understand the meaning of the place, but they will one day.

We also went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation to see where pineapples come from and had some amazing pineapple ice cream. We went on a train ride to see the fields and learned way more about pineapple than I thought was possible. It actually has a pretty interesting history.

All in all, it was an fantastic trip. I’m glad I was able to push my fears aside so that my boys could have an amazing opportunity.

This was the view from our hotel room.



These three pictures are from the first day in Hawai'i and the boys falling in love with the ocean.

This is the memorial at Pearl Harbor that sits over the USS Arizona.

This is the list of names of the people who died on the USS Arizona during the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

This is a model of the USS Arizona memorial.

This is the pineapple maze at the Dole Plantation.

My oldest just couldn't get enough of the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment