About Me

Monday, April 11, 2016

A Good Day on the Snow

Snowmobiling season is drawing to a close. While there’s always snow in the mountains we ride (the reason they’re called the Snowies), we can’t ride year round. For our final ride, the boys decided they wanted to build a jump.

My boys are much more adventurous than I am. They have no fear. As you can imagine, that often scares the crap out of me. But I don’t want to hold them back because of my fear, so I do what I can to make sure they are safe, then watch with my heart pounding in my chest as they chase after life.

The boys love snowmobiling. For them, there is nothing more amazing than getting on their sleds and zooming around on the snow. I enjoy snowmobiling too, but I’m much more conservative when I ride. The best part about it is being able to spend time with my kids.

The boys only went off their jump once—and that didn’t upset me at all. They said they weren’t scared, but I have to imagine that there was an element of fear in there. Even their dad says that once you get into the air, it’s fear-inducing. Still, I’m glad they got to experience it. And I have a feeling it won’t be the last time.

Getting the jump ready.

Packing down the snow on the jump.

The boys at the bottom of the hill after they had jumped.

My youngest jumping:



The oldest jumping:



No comments:

Post a Comment