About Me

Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Night in the Big City

On Friday, my family and I had the opportunity to see the Lion King onstage.  The boys and I went with my sister, my niece and nephew, and my mom.  We had an amazing time!

My mom, sister, and I had seen the Lion King onstage years ago.  I didn't have any kids at the time, and my sister's were really young, but we knew we wanted to bring them back when they were older.  We were pretty dang sure they would love it.

The play was showing in Denver, which is about 2 hours away from where we live, so we headed down in the afternoon.  I'm not a fan of going to Denver because of the traffic.  It's been so bad the last few times we went down, and this time wasn't any different.  It was stop and go for the majority of the drive.  That gets really frustrating.

Thankfully, we had a DVD player in the car, so the kids were entertained, and when we got into Denver, they were both excited and nervous about being there.  They were excited because they'd never really been in downtown before--especially at night--so they wanted to explore.  They were nervous because they'd never been in downtown Denver at night before.

The show was absolutely amazing.  It was just as magical as I remembered it, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it.  It makes me so happy to be able to do these types of things with my boys and give them new and wonderful experiences.
 
Did you do anything exciting this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment