About Me

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Such Great Helpers

It was another busy weekend with me traveling to do presentations. This time, I was in Big Piney and Pinedale on Friday, then Riverton on Saturday. The boys were out of school on Thursday and Friday because of parent-teacher conferences, so they went with me.

We left after work on Thursday night, and we were staying at my parents’ house in Rock Springs. We didn’t get there until late, and I was sooooo tired by the time I pulled into the driveway. The boys had slept in the Jeep, so they were ready to go. They played for a little while, then we all headed to bed at 10:00.

We were up and ready early the next day, and since we were in Rock Springs, we had to go to Cowboy Donuts. It was heaven! Seriously, that place should have a shipping service. I could eat those things all the time.

We then headed out for Big Piney, which is about an hour and a half away from Rock Springs.

I was giving my presentations at the Green River Valley Museum, and it was so cool! We had some time to check things out and explore, and we did. All of us really enjoy places like that.


My presentations were in part of the museum, so the backdrop were these amazing historical displays. 
It was awesome!

The presentations went great, and the boys were incredibly helpful. They contributed their thoughts to the program and helped me pack up. After Big Piney, we traveled half an hour to Pinedale to give another program at the library. Again, the boys were so helpful and had fun participating.

When that was done, we headed back to Rock Springs to stay another night. We stopped in Farson to get ice cream, then got home about dinner time. We hung out with my brother and his family, then called it an early night. Again, I was exhausted.

The plan was that the boys would head with me to Riverton on Saturday, but that didn’t happen. At 4:00 in the morning, my youngest got sick and continued to have issues all morning. I couldn’t take him to Riverton in that state, but I also couldn’t cancel the presentations. They’d been planned for months. In a panic, I called my husband so he could meet me in Rawlins.

I felt so bad for my baby. He was so miserable. I wanted to take his sickness away and make him feel better, but there was nothing I could do. After dropping them off, I headed up to Riverton to do my presentations, which went awesome. The boys would have had a great time, and I missed them helping, but there’s always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment