About Me

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Playing with Food and Friends

Last Sunday, we had a party at our house. They guys decided to make a low-country boil, so they set out traps to catch crawdads (or crawfish or mud bugs, however you refer to them).  The boys got to help collect them from the river, then bring them back to the house.



They sat at the house for a while before they were dipped into the boiling water, and during that time, the kids decided to play with them. It seriously gives new meaning to the phrase “Don’t play with your food.” But they had fun. Then they enjoyed them.  And by “enjoyed,” I mean ate.  I think they liked them, but I was busy running around doing other things, so I don’t know for sure.

I’ve never eaten them, I don’t plan on eating them, and if you like them, more power to you. It’s one of those foods I have no desire to eat.

In addition to eating, the boys had a water fight with their friends, then they got to go camping with their grandma and grandpa. That didn’t last as long as it was supposed to because it rained really hard and it was really muddy. They came home and hung out at Grandma’s house, which made them just as happy.

How’s your summer been so far? What kinds of exciting things have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment