About Me

Monday, May 5, 2014

Bedtime Stories

I've always read to my boys.  I started reading to them while they were still in the womb.  However, as they got older and stopped sitting still, the reading fell to the wayside.  I missed it.  I missed having that quiet time with my kids.  This went on for a few years, then I decided it was time to start reading before bed again.

I let them pick the books we would read.  That way, we could all enjoy reading time.  The oldest picked the first book in the Spiderwick Chronicles, and the youngest picked a Spongebob book.  After we finished those, the boys wanted to read The Ifs.



I wrote this book specifically for them, and I had attempted to read it in an earlier version, but they couldn't sit still long enough to enjoy it.  This time, they were completely engrossed.  They loved every minute of the story.  They asked questions, they acted out scenes the next day.  It made me very happy.

They were so excited about the book, they wanted me to start the second one, The Ifs Return.  This book is not available yet, and I'm hoping to hear about it's fate soon, but they didn't care.  They wanted more adventure.  I was more than happy to give it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment