About Me

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

George Knows by Mindy Mymudes



An egotistical magical basset hound named George believes it's his duty to train and protect his 12-year-old Girlpup, a greenwitch named Karly. He and his Girlpup, must solve a murder as well as save their park from being developed. George is the perfectly designed familiar for the job.

Q) What inspired you to write this book? 
I wasn’t planning on it. I was planning on writing an article for Dog Fancy and while I was typing away, George popped up. I assumed he was an English Springer Spaniel, like the ones I breed, own, and train. Or they train me, whatever. About three pages in, he told me I was a fool, that he wasn’t a springer. They were stupid and would do anything for a treat. He was a proper hunting dog, no long hair to get trapped in the field, a great voice, perfect digging paws, sleek and low to the ground. And, he had magical drool.

That, as they say, is that. I have noticed, however, that many of the scenes seem vaguely reminiscent of my own dogs antics.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
I can tune out the world. I have a chronic pain issue and it disappears when I fully immersed in my stories.

Q) What is your favorite candy? 
I have A favorite candy? I think not. Whatever candy I have in my hands at the time is my favorite.

Q) What is your favorite cartoon?
Mighty Mouse!

Q) When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 
I’m still not sure about that. Personally, I think I’m possessed by a dog who requires my hands. He isn’t perfect, he doesn’t have thumbs.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future? 
I’m working on Tillie’s Tale, another stand-alone mid-grade mystery from George’s point of view. This time, he needs to banish a ghost.



Mindy Mymudes runs with the Muddy Paws Pack in Milwaukee, WI. She insists she is alpha, even as the dogs walk all over her. She hunts, cleans the den and keeps them entertained. When she can escape the pack, she enjoys digging in dirt, listening to audiobooks, and weaving the antics of the pack into stories. The alpha male, Tall Dude, just shakes his head and stays out of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me.

    What George?

    He says that you should thank him for being gracious, since you didn't let him say anything.

    He tries to be polite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for this to come out!

    ReplyDelete