About Me

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Leap of Faith

Guys ten times his size surrounded him.  Thousands of people stared down at him.  He was being led away from his parents to the middle of the field with strangers.  He admitted he was nervous.  The look on his face confirmed it.  But at the same time, he knew nothing bad was going to happen.  He knew he was getting the experience of a lifetime.  And when it was all said and done, he was ecstatic.

My oldest got to be the Kickoff Kid at the football game on Saturday. When the opportunity arose, I didn't hesitate to sign him up.  I know my son, so the I knew the possibility existed he would get a little shy and maybe not want to go.  If that was the case, so be it.  At least he had the chance to  make his own choice.  I just gave him the avenue.  He took the leap of faith, despite his nervousness, and had a wonderful time.  I hope you do the same every once in a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment