About Me

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Sacrifice by Cher Green


Angelina must travel to the castle to protect her sister, who is marrying the king of the land. But who will protect Angelina on her journey when she encounters a troll and other unexpected obstacles? Luckily, she carries her precious and powerful medallion. She will need it, for even after she reaches the castle, all is not as it seems.

The Sacrifice is a fairytale-like story of a young woman's journey to save her sister.


Q)  What inspired you to write this book?
I’ve participated in many writer groups over the years. In one of those groups, we wrote a short story each month based on a prompt. The Sacrifice developed out of one of these. I believe it was on the lines of writing a fairy tale, but it’s been a few years. Angelina’s adventure grew and developed over time.

Q)  What is your favorite thing about writing?
I believe my favorite part is the creating, the magic of drawing pictures with words. You start with a sentence, a paragraph, extend it out further and all of a sudden there’s new life right there on the page. It’s really an amazing experience to have a group of characters come into existence right out of your own imagination.

Q)  What is your favorite candy?
I’m not much of a candy eater, but from time to time I have chocolate cravings. When this happens, I’ll grab a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup or a Hershey’s Almond Bar.

Q)  What is your favorite cartoon?
I really don’t watch many cartoons. I remember one, ‘The Last Unicorn.’ It would probably be my favorite.

Q)  When did you know you wanted to be a writer?
I’ve always been fascinated by words. Since the moment I could read, I grabbed everything, soaking up the adventures of other writers. I don’t think I really started writing until I reached my teens. I began writing poetry and then started experimenting with short stories. I caught the bug instantly, once I realized I could create my own adventures. I knew I wanted to share them with others. By the age of fourteen, I knew one day I would be a writer, in one form or another.

Q)  What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have a few novels in progress, all at various levels of the process. I decided early this year to concentrate on one project at a time and complete each. The one I’m working on now is a paranormal novel, with a hint of romance. The other ones vary from more paranormal to a serial killer novel.


Cher Green writes in many genres, spanning from horror to romance. Her work has appeared in various magazines and anthologies. She has also authored two paranormal romance novellas, Escape to Love and Seduced by Darkness. For more information on this author visit: www.chergreen.com

Other available links: Footsteps of a Writer (blog), Twitter, Facebook, and eTreasures.

Her latest publication, The Sacrifice, a children picture book, released early last week and is available for purchase at eTreasures Publications.
 

10 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting. I can't imagine a child who wouldn't be interested in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool how an idea evolves. Great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. Love the questions. Stunning cover on this book. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the kind comments. I absolutely love the cover! I hope many children, and adults, find joy in Angelina's adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview. Good luck, Cher. But no cartoons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and the interview :) I wish I had your discipline: I have a million projects going at one time and tend to hop around instead of finishing one quickly.

    Best of luck promoting your book, which sounds great, btw.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing Cher Green with us J. D. I love the cover of The Sacrifice and if the insides are any indication many kids and adults will love the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, thanks. I've just never been much of a cartoon watcher. I do enjoy an occasional animated movie though. I watched Brave a few weeks ago, and enjoyed it very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cher, this sounds intriguing. Putting on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ccarpinello, Sounds great. I'd love to hear what you think. :)

      Delete